Tuesday, May 12, 2009

D. Woods has arrived! On set of her video, "Legalize Me"

Photobucket

Many of you know D. Woods as one of the 5 members of the super female pop group, Danity Kane. D. Woods left the group after much success and multi-platinum fame to pursue her solo career. I recently met D. Woods on the set of her upcoming video, "Legalize Me" which is definitely going to be a smash hit!

Her girl Quinn hit me up and asked me if I wanted to roll with her to the set of the video and at first I didn't know what to expect. You know, most females who are hot in the game (ahem Keri Hilson) get a bit ahead of themselves and allow ego to supercede their talent. So reluctantly I went ahead and visited the set. I have to say I'm so glad that I did! While there was a lot going on, I must admit it was good time.

What struck me immediately was how extremely humble D. Woods was to EVERYONE on the set. She walked through and was clearly having as much fun shooting the video as all the other participants. The only other noticable part of her video cast was Ray Cunningham from BET College Hill, and Tech from MTV's Real World who was apparently a part of the production crew.

D. Woods and I chatted briefly, and thanks to our mutual friend Coko Clemons from the female power group SWV, we broke the ice immediately. Noticeably, D. Woods had major swag zipping through the crowd speaking to everyone from extras to hair and makeup, and to ME. It was very refreshing to see an artist with talent be such a humble and sweet person. Although we didn't have time to do our interview, I will get her on here before she leaves this week!

Photobucket
D.Woods & Quinn

Here's a short video clip of the video shoot, and of course it's loud on set so enjoy!




For the full song, watch below:

No comments: