Thursday, May 21, 2009

Candy Girls' party at OPERA in Hollywood

OK readers, YES I'm late! As you know I'm a man about town so getting you the latest and greatest may take me some time. BUT when I dish, I dish! On Thursday May 14th me and my crew went to Club Opera in Hollywood to support my girl Echo Hattix's party to unveil a new artist (which is Megan Good's sister).

When we arrived clearly there was a mob of people trying to get in which is very typical for party's in Hollywood. What is NOT typical is the amount of disorganization by party throwers. Typically when people are invited to parties with talent they're taken care of. Not this function. After waiting for an hour in a line with the general public (which was sent to different lines depending on who you talked to) we finally made it in. And guess what? THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME $20! Clearly that didn't happen but nonetheless, it set a pretty fucked up mood for me.

Now I've partied with Quincy Jones, Queen Latifah, Diana Ross, Will Smith, T.I., and Sidney Poitier to name a few so I just knew I was going to meet Tom (Cruise) and Katy....uh no. I can't lie and say I didn't have a good time because after a couple pomegranate margaritas I started feeling a whole lot better. I immediately ran into my good friends Porscha Coleman (last weeks Candy Corner) and Steph Jones; singer, model, and boyfriend of American Idol Star Jordan Sparks. We had a great time and good conversations (which I was sworn not to share so I won't).

Later ran into the one and only RZA from the infamous Wu-Tang hip hop group and Supermodel and now actress Ms. Eva Pigford and her beau Lance Gross from Tyler Perry's "House of Payne." I have to say, both were sexy together and very very nice to talk to. Lance suprisingly with his fame was enjoying the interaction as much as I was, posed for pictures, and talked about real things. Eva was busy saying her hello's but still remembered to come back and find me for our photo (which by the way is FIERCE).

GOODIES GONE BAD!

NOW (dun da da dun) MEGAN GOOD I have to say was an expected disappointment. I've been in and around Hollywood for several years. I take pride in knowing a lot of real power players, who have worked their way to the top. I've ran into Megan several times (which I'm sure she doesn't remember) and I've always walked away disliking her. Although her friends who are allegedly close to her say she's "a sweet girl" and "she has money" I have to say I have a very different opinion.



SCENE: I'm moving through the party talking to Senior Reps from Harry Winston, Eva, LaLa Vazquez, RZA, and others, and Megan is moving slowly through the party making sure everyone sees her. OK, so reluctantly with my preconceived feelings I move over to Megans area. I work through her entourage (which no one else had) and I say hello and ask for a picture. Consciously I say "I'm going to give her a chance and start over" subconciously I'm saying "FUCK MEGAN GOOD."

SO, after asking for the picture, Megan says "If it's the LAST thing I do I'll take a picture with you." Well, the last thing she'll do is die (cause we all have to) so I already knew that was some bullshit! I patiently waited while she spoke to a few guys (typical) and fixed her shoe, and talked/text on her phone, and fixed the hair that she bought and still, no picture!

I then watched her sister perform with a couple friends of mine professionally providing the audience with background entertainment and eye candy and just didn't get into her. I don't know if it's because she's Megan's sister or just because she wasn't anything special, but either way, I was not entertained to say the least (watch video below). I then said, "I can't wait to blog about Megan." A woman overheard me and said please don't hate on Megan, she's a good girl. She then ran over to grab Megan to tell her to take a picture with me. THE BITCH STILL DIDN'T TAKE A PICTURE!

I went home laughing the whole way because I knew what I was going to write about and what do I find in my inbox? A picture (above) of Megan wearing THE SAME PANTS FROM THE PARTY IN A PICTURE EARLIER IN THE WEEK!!! I have to admit she looked very HOT that night, AND has a beautiful body, but to wear the same clothes in the same week when you know you're going to be photographed is not cute.

I was going to blog about all the guys she's slept with in the industry, and how fake she comes off to people that don't know her, etc but I felt that it was unnecessary to the story of what I experienced. I do have to say that if you're judged on the content of your character Megan Good get's an F. I have to admit I'm a big fan of two projects that she's done 1. Eve's Bayou and 2. MTV Punk'd. Other than that, Megan can keep her face out of my camera and her career on the casting couch!

No comments: