Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jay Z: Death of Autotune


When Jay Z speaks, everyone in the world listens. Last week I was thumbing through my twitter and almost instantly Jay Z jumped to the top of the trending topics. Now, usually something crazy happens like the Swine Flu or my boy Ray and his "men hating" topics get up there quick! I was hoping that Beyonce wasn't pregnant or that they split because ya'll know I pray nothing but the best for my blood sister Beyonce (side eye). Now anyways, Jay Z released a song titled, "Death of Autotune" and this ridiculous track slays all artists who use it, and without effort.

I was in a debate with @chasencashe and another producer over whether the Jay would be as iconic as he has become if B.I.G. or Tupac were still alive. While that's a hard question to answer, one thing is definitely clear, if Jay Z says it's hot, it's hot. If he says it's not, it's not. If autotune goes away what will Weezy, T-Pain, and my boy Drake do?! Hmm, I guess we'll just wait to see!

Click on the video below and tell me what you think!

No comments: