Saturday, June 13, 2009

EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Spectacular of Pretty Ricky!!!


Soooooo, I know ya'll been waiting on me to follow up on my initial post about Spectacular from R&B group Pretty Ricky! Well, I don't have video yet, BUT I did speak to him directly!

RECAP: For those of you who have been living under a rock, Spectacular is the breakthrough member of Pretty Ricky, a group known for their sexually enticing lyrics and equally provocative stage presence. A few weeks ago, Spec decided to call out some of today's dominant R&B singers and groups in a contest to see who can "grind" the best! In doing so, Spec then proceeded in what some called a very gay dance and coochie eating simulation while dancing to their new single "Tipsy."

Fast Forward: A week later after the release of video number one, Spec did it again, only changing his underwear from the skimpy red drawls to a tight black number! And for those of you who didn't wait till the end, he did a backflip in some grey ones!

So last week I got a call from Spec and here is what he had to say:

Jason: Yo, so everyone is talking about this video that you've done. What made you do this?

Spec: Man, look, everyone knows the song now right? I've been on every blog, in the media, thousands of hits on youtube, and now the Jonas brothers and others are doing it too and guess what, everyone knows our song. Who the hell gets that much press for nothing?
Jason: I actually think it was genius to get the buzz out there and have everyone talking about it, and I'm not sure if you've heard people saying you were gay. I personally don't believe it because you're doing what Prince and others do everyday on stage.
Spec: Exactly. Man I don't let the negativity get to me, I see the haters and it doesn't bother me, I'm just getting my music out there.

Jason: I was ok with you and the dancing, but the red panties were too much. That's what I think people were stuck on.

Spec: Yo, I've been modeling and I was in a recent photoshoot and I wore those underwear so I just did it in them. Didn't think it was a big deal.

NOW, I'm sure you want me to keep going, but I'm not. You have to wait until we do the video!!!

In looking at older pics of the group and Spectacular, there have been many pictures of him in his underwear or "interesting" photos. While those photos suggest whatever they suggest, I think it's wrong for anyone to speculate his sexuality. While I didn't ask him outright whether he was straight, gay, or bi, I plan to when we do our video. I'm confident he'll keep it real and tell ya'll the bizzness.

One thing is for sure about Spectacular, he's a cool ass dude and beyond the music, gossip, and dirty dancing, he keeps it real and isn't going anywhere. Now I agree with America, we don't need you dancing in your drawls anymore Spec so keep it clean and stay Tipsy!

Thanks to Porscha Coleman for connecting us to do the interview. And for those of you who didn't see it, here is his second video! Enjoy!

No comments: