Wednesday, July 1, 2009

She was a friend of mine, Kelly Price!

This past weekend we stopped by Lucky Stike bowling alley in Hollywood for a pre-BET awards party. The hostess with the mostest, Carma graciously let us into this fab event where they had open bar (ya'll already know), food, and good music playing. But it was what happened towards the end that made this evening memorable.

My friend Ray who was on College Hill and is still affiliated with the network came outside and said he had a surprise for me. Now coming from Ray that could be anything so I must admit I was a bit nervous! Then a camera guy came up to me and I was like WTF because everyone knows I HATE cameras that I can't control. Then a group of people came out to the patio where I was sitting, noticably hiding someone. A few seconds later they parted and there stood non other than R&B/Gospel singer Kelly Price!

I stood up to greet here and then click click click cameras started going off! Kelly was the sweetest though. After exchanging information and talking about MJ, Ms. Kelly let me in on her music project. She has self funded her next project taking total creative control so you know it's going to be hot! After meeting Kelly I started talking to friends in the business and a birdie told me that Kelly is preparing to tour with Deborah Cox and Tamia. That's going to be a hot line up! I called Kelly to confirm and she wouldn't confirm or deny so you know that means it's true.

Also that night I ran into Celebrith Blogger B Scott (www.lovebscott.com), Film Director Bille Woodruff and Real Housewives of Atlanta Lisa Wuu and newcomer Kandi from Xscape. I asked Kandi if she thought a reunion with Xscape was possible to which she quickly said "no." Oh well, we still have En Vogue! Love Kandi and she tweeted me too. Now if she would just follow me we'd be alright!

No comments: