Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Movie: A Day in the Life!

Photobucket

In early July I was invited by my friends, Celebrity Stylist Nicc Shooter and Major Independents General Manager Keith Brown to attend the movie premiere of "A Day in the Life." I almost did not go because I knew I would write about the movie and tell the TRUTH regardless of my friends being involved and I didn't want to hurt their feelings if the movie sucked. Well, it didn't suck afterall.

A Day in the Life is The first-ever feature film told ENTIRELY in rap! The movie was written by, directed by and starring Sticky Fingaz, rap star from hip hop group, Onyx. The movie also starred Mekhi Phifer, Fredro Starr, Omar Epps, Drena De Niro, Sticky Fingaz, Bokeem Woodbine, Ray J, Kurupt, Treach, Michael Rapaport, Tyrin Turner, Faizon Love, and Malinda Williams among others.

What's noticably different about this film distributed by Lions Gate is it's all rap dialogue. The beats flow in and out smoothly as all of the actors get into their lines...or should I say rhymes. I found myself a bit skeptical at first because I'm not the biggest rap fan, but I have to say after about 5 minutes I looked forward to the next line.

The DVD is out everywhere, go cop a couple and get them out to your friends and family. The cast was dope, Mekhi was the coolest at the premiere and look forward to him getting on this blog soon! For more info go to: www.myspace.com/adayinthelifemovie.


No comments: